Our unique accreditation process is designed such that only businesses truly local to Norfolk are able to become members.
Members of Buy Local Norfolk are encouraged to display the logo (brand – if you prefer) to demonstrate their pride in being based in Norfolk and to enable procurement managers, buyers, customers, consumers and visitors to make an immediate and informed choice…whether they wish to directly invest in the future of Norfolk or not.
The criteria to be eligible for membership is:
- The main/head office of your business is based within Norfolk
- Your business is privately owned, not publicly traded
- The owner/s of the business are free to make decisions about the business at all levels
- More than 50% of the business ownership lives within 50 miles of the main place of business
- Your business already uses at least five other local (Norfolk based) businesses as suppliers*
- Your business is NOT a franchise
* Buy Local will send you a request to name five existing suppliers to your business.
- Our long-term campaign is raising awareness of the huge benefits of using locally owned businesses with local authority leaders, MPs and MEPs
- Buy Local Norfolk is supported by Norfolk MPs; Chloe Smith, Clive Lewis, Keith Simpson, Liz Truss, George Freeman and Brandon Lewis, you will find our logo on many of their website home pages
- We are in the process of developing mutually beneficial relationships with Norwich City Council, Norfolk County Council and Norse to name but a few.
- Marketing and Promotions – be as much of a part of our on-going brand campaign as you wish and take part in one of our ultra-low cost exhibitions or promotions.
- Buy local Norfolk is unique in the UK in that we are the only ‘Buy Local’ organisation which has developed a criteria to effectively ascertain whether a business really is local or not
Support for your business:
- We own presentation equipment e.g. digital projector, screen, flip-chart, folding tables etc which we loan FOC to our members
- At our free to attend monthly networking meetings we regularly have speakers from business support organisations such as New Anglia Growth Hub Coaches.
- Free entry in our full colour members’ directory, 5,000 copies printed and distributed twice per year http://www.buylocalnorfolk.org.uk/edirectory/
- Free multiple entries in our electronic (Excel) directory – it’s all about getting found by customers who want to buy your goods and serviceshttp://www.buylocalnorfolk.org.uk/download-directory
- Free listing (inc your logo, company description, contact details, link to your web-site and map) on the Buy Local Norfolk web-site – which averages 2.5k hits/month.http://www.buylocalnorfolk.org.uk/members-directory/
- Free use of our “truly local to Norfolk” brand, clearly demonstrating your attachment to Norfolk and setting your businesses apart from national/international competitors.
- The buy local Norfolk logo is easily recognisable and carries weight with locally minded consumers, businesses, MP’s and procurement officers as they make purchasing and policy decisions.
- We supply all of our members with a lapel badge, a door sticker and a lovely certificate to proudly display somewhere prominent.
- Ultra-low membership fees; max. £72 per year, or £6 per month if preferred.
- Our free to attend monthly networking meetings are low-key, highly friendly and mutually beneficial, giving access to a very friendly, supportive and well-connected network of members, with businesses of all size represented.
- Buy local Norfolk was developed by local business people who understand, and can relate to, many of your problems and frustrations. A problem shared…
- We have active accounts with Facebook, Linked-in, Twitter, Google + and EDP’s Streetwise, members are encouraged to use these accounts for mutual profile raising. Our Twitter account now has around 13,000 followers.
- Buying locally automatically retains money within the local economy, thus protecting in the most sustainable way possible the unique flavour and character of Norfolk.
- Buy local Norfolk is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise, and as such every member owns an equal share of the company and every member is encouraged to get involved – together we will achieve more.